In response to the global pandemic, Retrogen is now performing diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
Retrogen, Inc. performs testing of FDA approved protocols for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for COVID-19 testing and complies with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines on social distancing and enhanced cleaning procedures to ensure the health of our patients, employees, and others.
About our test?
Our test utilizes direct real-time RT-PCR assay is intended for the use in detection of nucleic acid from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in nasal swabs (Anterior Nasal) specimens. COVID-19 Direct assay is an aid in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
What are Retrogen’s test benefits
Our molecular testing methods offer a better and advanced approach for in vitro diagnostic solution for real-time RT PCR detection of RNA from SARS-CoV-2. Retrogen uses TaqPath COVID-19 Combo kit FDA EUA qualitative nucleic acid real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (real time RT-PCR) assay.
- Test results available within 48-hours once sample received in our lab
- Patient Self-Collection method under supervision of healthcare provider
- Nasal sampling is less invasive and results in less patient discomfort than sampling from other respiratory anatomical sites
- Targeted specificity to 100% of currently available complete genomes for SARS-CoV-2
- PPE use can be minimized through patient elf-collection while the healthcare provider maintains at least 6 feet of separation
- Collection of nasal swab specimens is less technically complex, so can reduce the risk of the spread of infection to healthcare providers.
How and where can I get COVID-19 Testing?
Right now, any individual can have a COVID-19 test after contacting their physician or healthcare provider.
Once an order is obtained, we can provide the collection kit to have the specimen collected within the healthcare providers office and the sample submitted to Retrogen laboratories.
How are samples collected?
Retrogen uses a less intrusive nasal swab (Anterior Nares Specimen) and results in less patient discomfort than from other alternative collection methods. Nasal swab specimens are less technically complicated and reduces the risk of spread of infection to healthcare workers.
How long will it take to get my results?
Once the sample is received in our lab (typically same day as collection), we will have your result ready within 24 hours.
How will I get my results?
Your results will be directly reported to your physician’s office. Please contact your healthcare providers office on how they report test results to their patients as this varies from practice to practice.
How much does it cost?
Billing for your test will be processed through your insurance carrier. Please be sure you provide a copy of your insurance information to your healthcare providers office. Also see our billing policy.
For those whom opt for direct “Self-Pay” or “Employer Paid” testing, the cost is $100.00 per sample.