In response to the global pandemic, Retrogen is now performing diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
Retrogen, Inc. performs testing of FDA-approved protocols with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for COVID-19 testing. We also comply with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines on social distancing and enhanced cleaning procedures to ensure the health of our patients, employees, and others.
About Our Test
Our test utilizes a direct real-time RT-PCR assay, intended for the use in detection of nucleic acid from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in anterior nasal swab specimens. COVID-19 Direct assay is an aid in the diagnosis of the SARS-CoV-2 infection.
What are Retrogen’s test benefits?
Our molecular testing methods offer a better and advanced approach, utilizing an in-vitro diagnostic solution for real-time RT-PCR detection of RNA from SARS-CoV-2. Retrogen uses the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo kit FDA EUA qualitative nucleic acid real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (real-time RT-PCR) assay:
- At no cost to you.
- Test results are available within 24-48 hours once the sample has been received by our lab.
- Patient Self-Collection method under supervision of a healthcare provider.
- Nasal sampling is less invasive and results in less patient discomfort than sampling from other respiratory anatomical sites.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) can be minimized through patient self-collection while the healthcare provider maintains at least 6 feet of separation.
- Collection of nasal swab specimens is less technically complex, thus reducing the risk of spreading infection to healthcare providers.
What are our testing site hours?
Retrogen COVID-19 Testing Site Hours:
Our testing location in San Diego is open for drive-through testing services on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, while same-day drive-up appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. During the week, we ask that you park on arrival and call our main office line (858-455-8411) for one of our medical staff members to come out to your car and take your PCR sample.
COVID Test Location Site: Retrogen, Inc. – 6645 Nancy Ridge Dr., San Diego, CA 92121
- Dates/Hours Available: Sat, 9AM – 1PM
- Dates/Hours Available: Mon-Fri, 9AM – 4PM
Appointments are required to protect your safety and the safety of our employees.
How can I get COVID-19 testing?
Please click “Book Now!” below to complete a brief health intake questionnaire. Once completed, you will then be able to select a date and time to obtain testing.
Retrogen has 4 options to select when scheduling your COVID-19 test:
1) Self-Pay: The cost for self-pay is $100 and we accept credit card via PayPal.
2) Company-Sponsored (Employer-Paid): Have your Human Resources department contact us directly for additional information, or provide documentation on your company’s reimbursement policy for COVID-19 testing.
3) Uninsured: Please upload copies of your social security number and state-issued identification onto the scheduling website.
4) Insured: Please upload front and back copies of your insurance card and state-issued identification onto the scheduling website.
How are samples collected?
Retrogen uses a less intrusive nasal swab (Anterior Nares Specimen), which results in less patient discomfort than from other alternative collection methods. Nasal swab specimens are also less technically complicated, which reduces the risk of the spread of infection to healthcare workers.
How long will it take to get my results?
Once the sample is received by our lab (typically same day as collection), we will have your results ready within 24-48 hours.
How will I get my results?
Your results will be e-mailed to you.
How much does it cost?
Billing for your test will be processed through your insurance carrier. Please be sure you provide a copy of your insurance information to your healthcare provider’s office. Also, see our billing policy.
For those who opt for direct “Self-Pay” or “Employer-Paid” testing, the cost is $100.00 per sample.