In response to the global pandemic, Retrogen is now performing diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
Retrogen, Inc. performs testing of FDA approved protocols for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for COVID-19 testing and complies with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines on social distancing and enhanced cleaning procedures to ensure the health of our patients, employees, and others.
About our test?
Our test utilizes direct real-time RT-PCR assay is intended for the use in detection of nucleic acid from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in nasal swabs (Anterior Nasal) specimens. COVID-19 Direct assay is an aid in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
What are Retrogen’s test benefits
Our molecular testing methods offer a better and advanced approach for in vitro diagnostic solution for real-time RT PCR detection of RNA from SARS-CoV-2. Retrogen uses TaqPath COVID-19 Combo kit FDA EUA qualitative nucleic acid real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (real time RT-PCR) assay.
- At no cost to you
- Test results available within 24-48-hours once sample received in our lab
- Patient Self-Collection method under supervision of healthcare provider
- Nasal sampling is less invasive and results in less patient discomfort than sampling from other respiratory anatomical sites
- PPE use can be minimized through patient elf-collection while the healthcare provider maintains at least 6 feet of separation
- Collection of nasal swab specimens is less technically complex, so can reduce the risk of the spread of infection to healthcare providers.
What are your testing site hours?
Retrogen COVID-19 Testing Site Hours
Our testing location in San Diego is open for drive-through testing service on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and same-day drive up appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. During the week, we ask that you park on arrival and call our main office line 858-455-8411 for one of our medical staff members to come to your car to take your PCR sample.
COVID Test Location Site: Retrogen, Inc., 6645 Nancy Ridge Dr., San Diego, CA 92121
- Dates/Hours Available: Sat 9AM – 1PM
- Dates/Hours Available: Mon-Fri 9AM – 4PM
Appointments are required to protect your safety and the safety of our employees.
How can I get COVID-19 Testing?
Please click “Book Now!” to complete a brief health intake questionnaire. Once completed you will then be able to select a date & time to obtain testing.
Retrogen has 4 options to select when scheduling your COVID-19 test:
1) Self-Pay: The cost for Self-Pay is $100 and we accept credit card via PayPal
2) Company Sponsored: Have your human resources contact us directly for additional information. Or, provide documentation on your companies reimbursement policy for COVID-19 testing.
3) Uninsured: Please upload copies of social security number, state issued identification onto scheduling website.
4) Insured: Please upload front & back copies of insurance card, state issued identification, and onto scheduling website.
How are samples collected?
Retrogen uses a less intrusive nasal swab (Anterior Nares Specimen) and results in less patient discomfort than from other alternative collection methods. Nasal swab specimens are less technically complicated and reduces the risk of spread of infection to healthcare workers.
How long will it take to get my results?
Once the sample is received in our lab (typically same day as collection), we will have your result ready within 24 – 48 hours
How will I get my results?
Your results will be emailed to you.
How much does it cost?
Billing for your test will be processed through your insurance carrier. Please be sure you provide a copy of your insurance information to your healthcare providers office. Also see our billing policy.
For those whom opt for direct “Self-Pay” or “Employer Paid” testing, the cost is $100.00 per sample.